Darryl posted this striking photo of his on his blog, and it inspired me to doxology, as J.I. Packer would say.Glory Passing By
And the glory of the Lord
shall be revealed;
and all flesh shall see it
together...
And I saw it:
I saw the Lord passing by
in a chariot of fire,
a foretaste of what is to come
on earth,
of what already is in Heaven.
Holy, Holy, Holy...
The train of His robe fills the temple,
leaving a golden glimpse
from behind the cloud and the smoke.
For we know in part
and we prophesy in part,
but when the perfect comes,
the partial will pass away.
When I was a child,
I spoke like a child,
I thought like a child,
I reasoned like a child.
There was only so much I could understand.
When I grew up,
I suffered,
but I gave up childish ways -
to gain the Life that was promised.
For now we see in a mirror dimly,
but then face to face.
Now I know in part:
Now I see half the sunset,
Now I see only the passing train of His glory;
Now the fullness is hidden behind the cloud.
But then -
Oh, then -
I shall know fully,
even as I have been fully known,
all along,
every day of my life.
Be glorified, Lord Jesus.
~ SCB 4/17/07
(Is. 6, 1 Cor. 13, Acts 1:9, Lk. 21:27-28, 1 Kgs. 19:10-13)
1 comment:
Let the glory of the Lord hsine among us!!
Post a Comment