...God, who gives life to the dead, and calls into being that which did not exist.

~ Romans 4:17

More things are wrought by prayer than this world dreams of.
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

"I came to do the will of Him who sent me..."
~John 6:38

I believe that what it is I have been called to do will make itself known when I have made myself ready.
~J. Phillips

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

The Svelte Report

[Edit] Nancy the tailor was so impressed at my progress that she wouldn't let me pay for the re-tailoring of a pair of pants... and then we sat around talking for two hours after closing. It was a special evening.

Four days a week of running is paying off.

And thanks to my new-agey friends at Chi Running (www.chirunning.com), I'm not getting hurt anymore either. I've turned into a hill monster. Yesterday with the Tuesday crew, I had the pleasure of running with a guy who has a longer stride than I've got. We made a good strong showing, with the beautiful pink sunset moon hanging over the hills right in front of us as we flew down the trail.

I don't think of myself as a gazelle runner... but the guy noted that I do tend to be a rabbit at the front of the pack, to get more room for my stride. I'm about ready for a race or a running club, or both.

My square German farmer genes will never permit a twiggy look - but this morning I made an interesting discovery. Almost all of my trousers are too big.

So, I threw on a skirt (also too big) and packed up four pairs of trousers to take to the tailor today. I'm ready to commit. To think, this summer in Geneva, I'd been worried about whether I could stick to the plan long enough to justify altering my clothes (because for me, clothes are friends. I pick the stuff I want to keep around).

Size 4, you're just around the corner, old friend. Looking forward to getting re-acquainted.

No comments: