...God, who gives life to the dead, and calls into being that which did not exist.

~ Romans 4:17

More things are wrought by prayer than this world dreams of.
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

"I came to do the will of Him who sent me..."
~John 6:38

I believe that what it is I have been called to do will make itself known when I have made myself ready.
~J. Phillips

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

It's Time.


[Edit: not 5 minutes after I posted this...] O me of little faith. I walked into my room and suddenly looked down at a box I'd moved a few days ago, with a few items I'd thrown in...
Voila. The transcripts.

I started to laugh in relief. It felt like God had led me by the arm into my room and pointed down to where the transcripts were, and I could feel Him standing right next to me.

God is so obviously at work here.
And that means something is going to happen. With all of that flashing through my mind as I picked up the envelope of transcripts, I teared up and nearly cried.

In honor of that, I've posted this photo:
The "Fernsehturm" or "TV Tower" was built by the Soviets in East Berlin as a monument to the greatness of their atheism. Only there was this one hitch: as soon as it was put up, light glinted on the ball in the form of a cross.

It was widely taken, by those with hearts to believe, as God having the last word on those who mocked Him, and a sign of hope for East Germany.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's time to get the first of 2 applications in to Germany. For the story of how important this is, click here.

I started a German class on Monday night. It was so much fun. I'd missed the first two weeks, thanks to Mindy Smith and the Canada trip, but it didn't matter. I was able to learn quickly and jump right in. I loved the class. Loved it.

But my undergrad transcripts have disappeared.
I ordered them in advance, got them, and now I can't find them. I've searched two nights in a row, prayed like I did when my passport was lost, nothing. So tomorrow I will investigate getting a rush order from the University.

But the needed 2nd reference worked out beautifully this afternoon. My former associate director of the Catholic Great Books program I attended was really pleased to hear from me and agreed to write a strong reference with loving gusto. This is the man who originally got me accepted to Oxford back in 1998 and helped me plan that out - it is such a blessing to have him part of this effort now. "Blessed is the man who has regard for the weak, the Lord delivers him in time of trouble." ~ Psalm 41:1

Please keep me in your prayers this week as I polish off my personal statement and the application, gather up all the transcripts, and decide which photo doesn't make me look fat, ten, or collegiate. Everything is due in New York, some by mail, some by email, by Monday October 15.

On Monday, two different people said they already had me on their mind, before they got my email asking for their prayers... and last night at the Catholic church, my fellow prayer person looked me in the eye and said, "you'll get it." My lovely pal Barbie also looked me in the eye and said, "Don't worry! Tell the devil, "Get behind me, Satan!" I'm always telling you that!"

He'll be hearing a lot of that this week. If there was ever a time to apply that lesson, it's now.

"Pray, Hope, and don't worry. Worry is the work of the devil." ~ Padre Pio

It's raining tonight. I built a little fire in my fireplace. It helped.
"The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear?"

4 comments:

Kerstin Sunshine said...

Yes, (still giggling and being joyful about how God isleading you!!), the Lord is your salvation and He led u into ur room to show u the missing transcripts! Wow, thanks for sharing. I am proud of you and am feeling honored that you are taking courses in my beautiful mother tongue! Ich wuensche dir viel Erfolg (I wish you lots of success). blessings!! Gott segne Dich in all you do!!

Christine said...

Thanks Kerstin! It's a good thing God has been so active in all this - because the warfare has been just nuts this weekend...absolutely nuts.

W. said...

Good luck with everything. Actually, God's grace with everything. Accepting it too ... regardless of the final outcome.

In Christ,

Christine said...

and grace there was indeed. As my mom loves to quote, "grace to help in time of need."