I have a great little book. It's for business, but they should do one for personal life as well. It's called "Unstuck", and it's by the founder of SYPartners, where I used to work.
Today I said goodbye to one of my dearest friends, Zainab, as she leaves for Dubai tomorrow. I cried the whole time... mostly because it's a perfect storm right now of her leaving, about six other friends leaving or already left, feeling like I need to do the same thing, and being unsure of how to do it.
Yesterday at work, I attended the most incredible presentation by a Ghananian who dreamed up a way to help the entire continent of Africa. It's called the African Leadership Academy, and it's just gorgeous, amazing, so well thought-out, and it will change Africa for sure. It's a long-term strategy for developing leaders with a two-year post-high-school/pre-college boarding program. I'm just amazed. Look it up online and enjoy.
I want to leave. Want to get out. I am praying that the current job I'm in is the last admin job I ever do. It is time to fly the coop, because my spirit is just withering away in this place.
If I can swim with anacondas and get a horse to trust and obey me in a tropical hailstorm, I can find a job doing something constructive and move. Period.
The other goal is to be confirmed a Catholic in August, before leaving, wherever "leaving" ends up being. I have complete peace about this and also find that I am having to drive the process. But every time I pick up the phone and push it, the doors open, and all the support I need is there. I'm looking forward to this, as I am not alone in sensing that God has great things He wants to do with that.
...God, who gives life to the dead, and calls into being that which did not exist.
~ Romans 4:17
More things are wrought by prayer than this world dreams of.
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson
"I came to do the will of Him who sent me..."
~John 6:38
I believe that what it is I have been called to do will make itself known when I have made myself ready.
~J. Phillips
Wednesday, June 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Just curious...why not Europe? Why Africa and Brazil?
Post a Comment