One great thing about unemployment is increased opportunity to babysit my nephew. Joshie is getting into the groove of coming over pretty much once a week and he always goes straight for "Maow" or "Maow-kitty".
He is also keen for the model of my late grandfather's WWII fighter jet. Once both these bases are covered, the boy is content.
Today was no different, but when he came over, he was really sleepy. Several days of a bad cold bug have had him crabby, weepy and exhausted. So when he snuggled right into my lap and laid his head on my shoulder with a few sniffly tears, I decided to grab a fleece blanket and settle us down on the couch. I put my feet up and tucked us both in with the blanket.
Then Zoe the Maow-kitty wanted a piece of the warm fuzzy nap action. So I had an 18-month-old baby on one arm, and a 10-pound cat purring on the other. Joshie was absolutely spellbound at this opportunity to snuggle nose-to-nose with the Maow. He respectfully kept his hand off the kitty and watched Zoe with sleepily blinking eyes. I sang Bombeder's specialty hymn ("God Will Take Care of You") about a bizillion times, and finally baby and cat were sound asleep. I nodded off too, and we all slept for over an hour.
Bliss.
Wish I had a picture.
...God, who gives life to the dead, and calls into being that which did not exist.
~ Romans 4:17
More things are wrought by prayer than this world dreams of.
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson
"I came to do the will of Him who sent me..."
~John 6:38
I believe that what it is I have been called to do will make itself known when I have made myself ready.
~J. Phillips
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment