...God, who gives life to the dead, and calls into being that which did not exist.

~ Romans 4:17

More things are wrought by prayer than this world dreams of.
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

"I came to do the will of Him who sent me..."
~John 6:38

I believe that what it is I have been called to do will make itself known when I have made myself ready.
~J. Phillips

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Off to Rwanda


Life is amazing. I can't believe that in 24 hours I'll be scrambling to go get on a plane to London -- to Nairobi -- to Kigali, Rwanda. Unbelievable. My God is good.

I am opening my blog while I am on this trip so that folks can read along and enjoy. I hope I'll be able to do some posting.

Please pray for good team relationships, safety and protection from all serious illness, for the malarone to keep all the malaria away :) and for an amazing time of discovery, serving and seeing the Lord at work in Rwanda. I have come to believe that the Lord has set apart this country as holy to Himself in a very special way - there have been so many visions of the Lord and of His Blessed Mother (written about especially by Immaculee Illibagiza of "Left to Tell" reknown) that there is no other conclusion. God intends to be greatly glorified on an ongoing basis in this little "land of a thousand hills".

It really feels like I'm in a blur and I'm almost getting there in spite of myself. But everyone's been so generous in helping me get there and I have to shake my head in wonder and awe and gratitude at God's goodness in taking care of me and directing my steps. His plans are far more interesting than mine!

Oh - and after a couple of weeks of no Maseratis? A few started popping up again this past week. Kosher sightings... three or four now. I think I'm on the right track again.

To donate for the trip, click here. But make sure you let me know by email or in the comments below so I can identify the donations to the church administrator.

Bon Voyage!!!!

Christine

No comments: