Allen... you're the bomb!!! And to think I borrowed sound equipment from you! If I'd known what was good for me I'd have been begging to sing backup for you. Groannnn.....
Off the CD, so far this is the most amazing lyric... and then there's another one I love about harvesting the crops of our lives... but I'll post those later. For now... a little reflection on the battle between the sexes...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lay Down Your Armour ~ Allen des Noyers
When the smoke had cleared
there was not a trace
Of a kinder time or a gentle place
smoldering ruins around us lay
And a cry in me for someone to blame
At the Crusade's start
We threw the flag
With a righteous, hot and zealous drive
Tossing caution to the wind
With a lust for blood and skin
Lay down your armour
I don't carry a sword
I didn't mean to wound you with my cutting words
Lay down your armor
Let the cross be our shield
You know we're both just survivors of the killing fields
When the battle began it was already lost
The traitors within pulled a double cross
Wearing the colors of a friend
Cut from the cloth of generations of sin
So here's to you from the Holy Grail
A bloody toast from your damaged male
Time will close this tragic claim
With my silent grief while I watch the blaze
No comments:
Post a Comment