It amazes me that even though I have been healed of so much of the trauma I have experienced in my life, and even though the last year has brought more victory over spiritual warfare than I've ever known, there can still be rare times when I'm caught unaware and the reaction is tearfully visceral. It's a reminder that vigilance in enforcing my freedom in Christ is vital, and that God is still working on me - but that I don't have to fear or be embarrassed when I hurt like that. God is with me and He won't let anything stand that comes against me. It's just toothless nattering by the evil one and He can't thwart the Lord's plans. Once again I'm reminded of Hannah's song in 1 Samuel 2, which the Lord gave me before I returned to Switzerland last summer:
He raises the poor from the dustOne of the songs we sang in worship was a new tune for the hymn "Jesus, I am Resting, Resting". That new tune became a vehicle for me to memorize much of the song and find it written on my heart.
and lifts the needy from the ash heap;
He seats them with princes
and has them inherit a throne of honor.
For the foundations of the earth are the LORD's;
upon them He has set the world.
He will guard the feet of His saints,
but the wicked will be silenced in darkness.
It is not by strength that one prevails;
those who oppose the LORD will be shattered.
(1 Samuel 2:8,9)
Jesus I am resting, resting
In the Joy of what Thou art;
I am finding out the greatness
Of Thy loving heart.
Thou hast bid me gaze upon Thee,
And Thy beauty fills my soul,
For by Thy transforming power
Thou hast made me whole.
Jesus, I am resting, resting
In the joy of what Thou art;
I am finding out the greatness
Of Thy loving heart.
O how great Thy loving kindness.
Vaster, broader than the sea!
O how marvellous Thy goodness,
Lavished all on me!
Yes, I rest in Thee, Beloved,
Know Thy certainty of promise,
And have made it mine.
Simply trusting Thee, Lord Jesus,
I behold Thee as Thou art,
And Thy love, so pure, so changeless,
Satisfies my heart;
Satisfies its deepest longings,
Meets, supplies its every need,
Compasseth me round with blessings;
Thine is love indeed!
Ever lift Thy face upon me,
As I work and wait for Thee;
Resting 'neath Thy smile, Lord Jesus,
Earth's dark shadows flee.
Brightness of my Father's glory,
Sunshine of my Father's face,
Keep me ever trusting, resting;
Fill me with Thy grace.
Jesus, I am resting, resting
In the joy of what Thou art;
I am finding out the greatness
Of Thy loving heart
(text: Jean S. Pigott, music: Bob Kauflin)
No comments:
Post a Comment