...God, who gives life to the dead, and calls into being that which did not exist.

~ Romans 4:17

More things are wrought by prayer than this world dreams of.
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

"I came to do the will of Him who sent me..."
~John 6:38

I believe that what it is I have been called to do will make itself known when I have made myself ready.
~J. Phillips

Saturday, February 2, 2008

It's True

Pastor Mauro told me two very poignant stories from his life in which Psalm 37 was fulfilled. And I have seen it now, with my own eyes, in a situation that I had long given up on. And because I am humbled and because I fear the Lord, I won't even try to tell any story.

But here are a few principles that I have learned through this, which have now been confirmed:

1. Like the stories in Genesis - people who murder their (usually younger) brother will not inherit the land.
2. Jealousy, slander and turf wars don't pay. It is better to give up and leave quietly, let the other person rot in their own turf they screamed to not share - and see how God vindicates you later.
3. They may get to hang on a while, but in the end, look for their legacy, and it will be no more.
4. When they leave, there won't be a parade of honor. No public farewell bash.
5. The contrite of heart, who live a changed life, get another chance.
6. The meek, who (painfully) give up on their own agendas and trust in the Lord instead, will inherit the land. Maybe without even realizing it until afterward, when they don't need it so much anymore and the Lord alone has become their inheritance.

I look forward to seeing how this is fulfilled again in the future.
Praise the Lord.
Fret not yourself because of evildoers;
be not envious of wrongdoers!
For they will soon fade like the grass
and wither like the green herb.

Trust in the LORD, and do good;
dwell in the land and befriend faithfulness.
Delight yourself in the LORD,
and he will give you the desires of your heart.

Commit your way to the LORD;
trust in him, and he will act.
He will bring forth your righteousness as the light,
and your justice as the noonday.

Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him;
fret not yourself over the one who prospers in his way,
over the man who carries out evil devices!

Refrain from anger, and forsake wrath!
Fret not yourself; it tends only to evil.
For the evildoers shall be cut off,
but those who wait for the LORD shall inherit the land.

In just a little while, the wicked will be no more;
though you look carefully at his (or her) place, he will not be there.
But the meek shall inherit the land
and delight themselves in abundant peace.

~ Psalm 37:1-11 ESV

Amen and Amen. Soli Deo Gloria.

P.S. I ran, but the Lord brought me home again to see this.

2 comments:

Kerstin Sunshine said...

Oh my, that reminds me of my first week of being a CHristian and I called you because of something that really made me angry- you pointed me to this wodnerful psalm- I read it, felt it was true but still did not want to give in to my anger.....funny, this psalm has become a real guide for me in so many ways :-) and osh it is so true! Soli Deo Gloria!!!

Christine said...

I remember that now... it was hard and would have made anyone angry. I'm surprised I gave you that psalm - I was still wrestling with it myself for the situation I was in right then in Switzerland!

But look at us now - the Lord is fulfilling His word in both our lives and all that stuff hardly matters anymore, except to help us become who God wants us to be.

And we have to give those two credit for their part in that hilarious day when we sat on the floor eating munchies and talking like "Germans speaking bad English". :) It was one of the funniest days of that entire year!