Home run.
I had no idea I was being recorded (or what I sound like when recorded!!), but I am so happy that it was captured. The whole church was crying. James and Jim were pretty emotional and I was just floored that morning at how beautiful and special the whole thing was. I remember when James and Jim both became Christians in 1985, when the church was just starting and I was ten years old. Talk about history.
We'll eventually be recording this in a studio, along with some other music, but here's the breathy live version... they turned up my microphone after I started off too soft. You can fast-forward the MP3 to the end where the song is.
It's an "Everyman" kind of song and one we can all identify with. Definitely helps me in this painful season of digging through a lot of tough memories and issues and praying for wholeness, while accepting that life is just plain messy. Jim's closing line was a helpful reminder to me today once again:
"We have learned that we will struggle and make mistakes, that we will have enemies and be misunderstood, and that it is impossible to be fully prepared to serve. But nonetheless, ready or not, here we come."
Enjoy!
http://www.pbcc.org/sermons/guests/7261_foster.mp3
I am an irony, I am an ordeal
Weak as water, strong as steel
Battered and beaten
Flat and cold
Glistening and glowing
Round and gold
I am a river
I am rust
Wet as wine
Dry as dust
I am a bore, I am a thrill
Easy to empty, hard to fill
Hunted and hounded
Pushed and shoved
Admired and honored
Blessed and beloved
I am a saint, I am a sinner
Crawling the race
Chasing the Winner
I am a tortoise, I am a hare
I am common
I am rare
Lacking and leaking, spilt and spent
Brimming and bursting
Gathered and sent
I am alone
I am together
Embracing the future, in spite of the weather
I am irony, I am an ordeal
weak as water, strong as steel
Besought and beset, round and about
Calm and collected, within and without
I am a metaphor
I am a poem
Walking on words -
Headed for home
Lyrics: (c) 2006 Jim Foster
Music: (c) 2008 James Garcia
Thank you , Jim, James, Sue and Allan... what a treasured moment to be part of with you. (Jim and James - ever thought about writing more music together?)
1 comment:
hey when the Lord moves then we all find ourselves on the floor for that is the only place where we can be. thx for sharing! Another testimony of how great our God is . (How great thou art, how great thou art!!)
Post a Comment