I am still in my beloved little home, when so many are losing theirs.
My budget is pared-down enough that I can hang on until I find a job that answers my prayer from last August: "Oh Lord, make this be the last job I ever take that doesn't fit me."
My battle-axe landlady decided to lower my rent, after her caregiver, who is a parishioner at my church, put a bug in her ear to do so.
My car is working amazingly well at 228K miles.
I have a supportive, loving, and truly fascinating church family... right in my neighborhood.
My flowers are blooming. My spirit is working on doing the same.
My sister gave me cute shoes for my birthday.
An adorable old lady called and sang "Happy Birthday" to me.
A friend took me out to play in San Francisco, like the hot single girls we really are.
My boyfriend left flowers and a hilarious card on my doorstep...and took me out to dinner last night. The vote was unanimous that it was the best steak we'd had in ages.
My "other" boyfriend, a nine-year-old boy whom I've been babysitting, gave me a ring with a large turquoise stone on it for my birthday. It's incredible to see what an impact I can make on an abused, hurting kid in one week...and it's pretty cool when a boy decides a woman is worthy of a big sparkly rock.
I got emails, calls and notes on my birthday from Brazil, Guatemala, Croatia, Kosovo, South Africa, England, Dubai, Switzerland, THREE from Australia, and all over the U.S.... Pretty cool.
I spent most of the day of my birthday in a career seminar which totally fired me up, encouraged my ongoing healing process, and gave me an opportunity to be a witness for the unborn with a group at lunch.
I am meeting wonderful people of faith and conviction at the prayer vigil in front of the abortion clinic. A single man is praying at that clinic EVERY SINGLE DAY for 40 straight days, rain or shine. One old guy showed up today, absolutely on fire, throwing holy water everywhere and taking authority with such gusto that I laughed my head off in delight. That's MY kind of faith!!
I pulled out my journal from the Swiss/Europe trip of 2007, and found a list of advice from my Croatian colleague which truly hit the spot once again. The only person really in my way right now is me.
I am facing my fears and dealing with challenges one step at a time, and finding my God to be enough. Jesus, I trust in You!
No comments:
Post a Comment