...God, who gives life to the dead, and calls into being that which did not exist.

~ Romans 4:17

More things are wrought by prayer than this world dreams of.
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

"I came to do the will of Him who sent me..."
~John 6:38

I believe that what it is I have been called to do will make itself known when I have made myself ready.
~J. Phillips

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Geneva Calling...again?

When you know you've had signs for years:

"Christine, you're not here as a tourist...not even as a missionary...you're HOME. Come home to stay." (Paula)

"You believe that I'm sending you home to Europe, or else!" (God)

"I don't build a Maserati just to park it in the garage." (God, through a shocked and bewildered Jennifer).

"Do NOT sell yourself short. Do NOT settle. I am not finished with you yet!" (God)

And on and on it goes....years and years of this. Til my heart breaks from trying and I give up, over and over.

The night before my birthday, my very sympathetic boyfriend left this card on my doorstep with some flowers... it was hilarious because I'd just been caught crying just like that a few minutes before... and I gave myself until next year's birthday to get on with my life.

On my birthday I attended a terrific career seminar. It was far more focused on soul-searching than on resumes. But within hours I knew it was a divine appointment - it was exactly what I needed to affirm my values and to help me throw off the last lies holding me down. All day long, the answers to the various questions I asked myself pretty much screamed, "GENEVA!"

Argh! Okay! And then that crazy wonderful job in Geneva I keep pining after and not doing anything about? It's still on their stinking website. Still there.

And then yesterday I got a frantic call from the woman who sat next to me in the seminar. "I've got contacts for you in Geneva!! Send me your resume!!"

I had better be speaking French or German by the time I'm 35 and that's all there is to it. I'm not getting signs for anything else - and I'm not getting signs to stay put anymore, like I was last spring. I think the "convent"/wilderness period is looking pretty over.

Any further comment, Lord?

No comments: