Zoe the Adventure Cat might be cuddly and highly sociable, but she is also dumb. She's never killed a bug, though she finds them fascinating. But I've never found her antics to ever cause harm to even a spider, drat it all.
Two nights ago though, I came home to a shock.
There was a dead bird in my entryway. Inside the house. Looking like it had keeled over and tucked in and gone to sleep.
It must have hopped on to the balcony, come inside the propped-open door... but then in the entry, met up with Zoe. There were little bitty downy feathers scattered all over the hall and a few feet into my bedroom. It was just awful - I was gasping with shock and horror for ten minutes after discovering all this. How dopey Zoe managed to kill a bird was just beyond me. But clearly she'd done it, tragic as it all was.
I somehow managed to, shuddering, scoop up the poor little bitty thing into a bag and take it outside, where I gave the bird a respectable burial in the garden. I hope this never happens again... ugh.
And suffice to say, I really didn't feel like allowing Zoe to sleep on my bed that night.
...God, who gives life to the dead, and calls into being that which did not exist.
~ Romans 4:17
More things are wrought by prayer than this world dreams of.
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson
"I came to do the will of Him who sent me..."
~John 6:38
I believe that what it is I have been called to do will make itself known when I have made myself ready.
~J. Phillips
Friday, October 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment