...God, who gives life to the dead, and calls into being that which did not exist.

~ Romans 4:17

More things are wrought by prayer than this world dreams of.
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

"I came to do the will of Him who sent me..."
~John 6:38

I believe that what it is I have been called to do will make itself known when I have made myself ready.
~J. Phillips

Friday, October 24, 2008

Svelte Report Returns

Last summer and fall I was pretty pleased with my whole major weight drop - 13 pounds, which on little me really shows. But I hit a plateau and couldn't seem to lose the last 5 of my goal, which bugged me. Even my sister had a baby and got rid of the nagging baby weight since I got back from Europe.

About two weeks ago I noticed that, since starting to walk the ten minutes to the train station and back every day, instead of driving and parking, I'd finally cracked the code. Two pounds. Then three. Then four...

Today it's official - I'm finally back to college weight. Woohoo! Thank you San Francisco commute!

I needed pants anyway, but to celebrate, I headed over to the Gap. I found a few styles I liked, and grabbed trousers in sizes ranging from 0-4.

Never tried on the 4. Never tried on the 2. The 0 fit...snugly tho.

I compromised with the 1. Two great pairs of trousers, size one. Hilarious. I think they've tweaked sizes since I was in college... Marcy - could we wear the same PANTS now????

All my pants are too loose now... even the ones I had drastically tailored. Nice problem to have, albeit a bit expensive, chasing this goofy size drop from 8 to um...zero.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

whoah! congrats! pretty soon i'll be too big for my pants...not to be confused with too big for my britches...