...God, who gives life to the dead, and calls into being that which did not exist.

~ Romans 4:17

More things are wrought by prayer than this world dreams of.
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

"I came to do the will of Him who sent me..."
~John 6:38

I believe that what it is I have been called to do will make itself known when I have made myself ready.
~J. Phillips

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Clean House

Today I did a new thing: I paid two total strangers to come in and clean my house.

It felt weird - actually, unless I was cleaning something myself at the same time, I felt like a jerk, because when I was a kid and my dad's business was going through a hard time, Mom used to clean houses and we kids would go along and help. So who am I to ask some hard-working soul to clean up my dust and mop my floor?

But it was worth it. I'll get used to it.

After the last 5 weeks of personal hurricane, I am so spent that when the housecleaners left, I was too tired to do anything but sit and vege. It took a frantic phone call from a friend whose water heater was spewing water all over her basement to get me off my duff.

I can't wait til I get the carpets done. I won't feel so smarmy about that.

No comments: